Melon con vino is a classic summer drink in Chile. It is customary to take the ingredients to picnics or the beach and prepare them in situ. Enjoy cold!
This is a make-to-share cocktail, people will pass around the melon, and each will get as much as they want. Some people prefer to eat the pulp of the melon, while others want to drink the wine. Either way, it’s a fun thing to do at least once.
Another traditional Chilean recipe with honeydew melon is Miel de melón, a light syrup that we use as maple syrup.
Other traditional Chilean drinks:Print
- 1 ripe Honeydew melon
- 1 banana, optional
- chopped peaches or strawberries, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 liter of cold white wine
- Cut a thin slice of the melon on one end to “sit him,” and it is balanced.
- On the other end, cut a good portion to open the melon.
- Remove the melon seeds and a bit of food inside.
- Add sugar, chopped melon, and other fruits you want to use.
- Add the chilled wine, stir and enjoy.
- Refrigerated for up to 2 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Melon con vino, Honeydew wine cocktail