These oatmeal cookies are my mom’s recipe. I’ve made them with Splenda, with less butter and are always good. An easy recipe, perfect for serving with ice cream, tea or send to school.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
30 cookies medium cookies
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar (if you want more golden cookies, used 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup raisins soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup regular oats
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add the vanilla and egg, beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour with the baking powder. Wish in.
- Add oats, nuts, and raisins. Mix. You will have a soft dough.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough onto the buttered tin or covered with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until the cookies start browning at the edges, let stand for 5 minutes in the hot tin, then remove using a dull knife to a rack, cool completely before serving or storing.