In this Oreo Cake Quick Version, the cookies replace the cake layers.
My husband’s aunt is famous for this cake, I ate it many times at her home. Delicious, easy, can be made ahead and kept frozen, refreshing, perfect for the holidays. Thanks, aunt Edith for the advice from Chile.
I use a removable ring mold to assemble the cake and then freeze it to make it easier to decorate. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Oreo Cake Quick Version
for a cake of 18 cm- 7″ diameter
- 6-7 packages of Oreos
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- Cover bottom of the pan (with removable ring) with parchment paper
- Chill the bowl and the beaters from the mixer, the colder the cream, the more is going to rise and maintain consistency.
- Whip cream on high speed until soft waves begin to form, add sugar as rain beating on medium speed, continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Dip each cookie on warm milk, 1 second, and starting from the outer edge of the pan, place them in a circle around the outer edge, then fill the center, always soaking very briefly each cookie. If necessary brake some to cover the entire center.
- Place a layer of whipped cream, spread.
- Repeat until you fill the mold, finish with a layer of whipped cream and cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a couple of hours if you want to leave it frozen for up to 10 days, wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap.
- To unmold run a knife around the edge and then open the hoop.
- With a spatula, lift the cake with the help of the parchment paper and put in a cake stand or platter.
- Decorate to taste, I covered it with the cream I had left, open and paste cookies around (don’t dip this one). Cookies can also be chop and use it to cover the sides.
- Keep refrigerate and serve cold.