During Fall Pear Clafoutis is my favorite.
You can do it with apples or quince in Fall or cherries in summer. Any fruit that is not very ripe and juicy will work. This is a traditional French dessert for every day, simple, and with excellent flavor.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Easy Chilean Apple Dessert.
for 8 people
- 2 pears
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon
finegrated fresh ginger, optional
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat the oven at 180C or 350F.
- Brush with butter a round or square pie dish of 8″ in diameter.
- Peel and cut the pears in thin slices, place the slices in an attractive way (flower, cross, etc.) inside the pie dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar,
andsalt for 3 minutes with a balloon whisk. Sugar should dissolve and mixture looks frothy.
- Add milk, butter, and grated ginger or vanilla. Stir well.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the pears and make sure they cover everything. Knock gently so there are no air bubbles left.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and firm. It will begin to separate from the edges.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or dust with powdered sugar.