When our Chilean friend Pancho came for a short visit, we went to lunch at a Jewish deli where we go a lot with my family Kenny & Ziggy, we love the place. We always order the same thing: Matzo ball soup. Well, Pancho ordered a salad which came with spectacular cilantro dressing. Here I give you my version.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
for a cup of dressing
- 1 cilantro bunch (leaves only: 2 cups approximately)
- 1 Greek-style yogurt (I use fat-free), 3.5 oz
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 scallions or a bundle, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- salt and pepper
- milk or cream optional
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until desired consistency. If it were too thick can adjust with milk or cream.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Keep it in the refrigerator.It lasts one week refrigerated.