Last time we visited Chile, we had a little get together, and my sister in law brought white chocolate blondies from a local bakery, they were so good, this is my version. I baked them for our bake sale on Election day at my kid’s school; we raised a lot of money. Highly recommended.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
White Chocolate Blondies
9 large or 16 medium
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 115 grams (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar or granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Prepare a 20x20cm square pan or 8’x8 ‘, cover the bottom with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a glass bowl place the butter and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave, 30 seconds at maximum power, stir and repeat until both are melted. Or do it in a small saucepan over medium heat, mixing.
- Add sugar and stir well with a fork.
- Add the egg and vanilla or almond extract, mix.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and stir until blended only, do not over mix.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and stir.
- Spread in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, remember that the center should still be moist. Do not overcook.